bitty.and.bunny: Happy New Year's Eve Eve

Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year's Eve Eve

{sweater, sparkly top: old navy  //  jeans: gap  //  wedges: payless}


I can't believe 2012 is right around the corner.  The end of December is such a wonderful time of year - time to spend with family and friends, time to reflect on the past year, and time to look forward to whatever the coming year has in store.
Also, its abbreviation is NYE which just happens to be my last name, and that's pretty sweet too.

This is what I plan to wear on New Year's Eve, but I'm wearing it now as a test run.  I tend to do that.
On the big day I'm thinking fancier hair; maybe some sort of up do that isn't my usual top knot.  But I'm kind of clueless about how to do my hair.  You'd think my sister being a hair dresser would rub off on me, even just a little bit.  But when it comes to my mane, I'm a mess.
What are some of your favorite holiday hair do's?

I wish you all a wonderful evening saying goodbye to 2011 and welcoming in 2012!


**update**
Thank you all for your hair suggestions!!  I didn't think I'd get so many ideas.  You all warm my heart.
I thought you might like to see how I wound up wearing my hair.  I tried the sock bun.  It looks so pretty and is sort of effortless once you get the hang of it, but one piece of advice - this hairstyle is not made for dancing.  My bun must have disintegrated about 5 times during the course of the evening.  Luckily I have awesome friends who:
a. didn't care how silly my hair looked
b. took the time to help me make it look pretty again anyway
caught by surprise
distracting the dj (aka my boyfriend)

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy...i love reading your comments! xo

Pin It button on image hover