bitty.and.bunny: Artsy Fartsy

Monday, October 15, 2012

Artsy Fartsy

{target dress (old), leggings, & belt  |  f21 top  |  steve madden boots  |  diy hat  |  ON scarf}


When my boyfriend saw me in this outfit, he called me artsy fartsy.  I don't know about you, but even though this term blatantly includes the word "fart," I still feel a swell of pride when described in that manner.  Even more fitting, though, is that we were headed to a place that actually is the epitome of artsy fartsy.  It's an intriguing and beautiful place called Grounds for Sculpture where various pieces of artwork are spread out over acres and acres of meticulously, immaculately landscaped garden.  It's like a fun, interactive, outdoor museum that includes secret paths and hidden sculptures.  With real peacocks that roam around the grounds.

The only drawback was that even with a jacket on, I was still pretty cold all day.  But Grounds for Sculpture is just the kind of special place that has you convinced that going out and suffering in cloudy, breezy, 50 degree weather for hours on end is a good idea.  Luckily, I was rewarded for my martyrdom at dinner.  I don't know if it was luck, or perhaps the fact that my face and hands were frozen in typical girl-that's-always-too-cold fashion, but we got sat at a table directly in front of a cozy, crackling fireplace and were able to sufficiently thaw out while we ate.  It was kind of a perfect day.  But next time I'm bringing gloves.



Click here for today's linkies.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my adorable!! I love, love, love this! All the layering is just spot-on and I love that your boots and belt match and your scarf, hat and top coordinate so it lets your dress stand out!! Perfection. And that grounds for sculpture place sounds SO fun!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy...i love reading your comments! xo

Pin It button on image hover