bitty.and.bunny: Window Shopping

Monday, August 25, 2014

Window Shopping

Lately I've been thinking about fancy dresses. I don't go out to clubs all that much anymore, but from time to time I still like to go out and shake my groove thing. Yeah, I said "groove thing." I can't believe I said "groove thing." Ok, stop saying "groove thing." Sometimes I wind up at clubs where anything goes, and I can get away with a sheer top and jorts. Those come as you are types are my favorite because really, who wants to dance in high heels all night? But often there is some seriously decent music happening at a chichi club with a dress code (this is NYC), and I reluctantly resign myself to a night of discomfort in exchange for reveling in awesome music. And, though I own many cute dresses, none of them really feel right for those fancier establishments.


As I was window shopping the cocktail dress selection at DressV.com, I came across the above beauty. I love the colors, the silhouette, and the delicate detailing. But mostly I love the back. I don't know about you, but I just find something so alluring about the surprise of an open back on a dress, especially when done so tastefully. I would love to own this dress, and twirl around in it at basically any given moment, but even though it's beautiful, it still doesn't seem like proper club attire.


Inspired by the gold dress, I continued searching for an open-back dress that I can really get down in. When I came across this one, I knew it was a done deal. It's pretty, demure, and has that coveted open back. And with all that ventilation, I won't get overheated while dancing in my high heels all night.





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This dress (from the shipping window) is a dream!!!!!!! Want it *_*

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy...i love reading your comments! xo

Pin It button on image hover